How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically developed Click Wheel where you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user in regards to customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic devices in your home. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required before starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not work correctly if you missed this crucial action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly extremely simple to comprehend. Softwares are currently readily available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really dangerous with regard to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.