How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks because they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology capabilities have offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic equipment in your home. It can control your tv, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not operate effectively if you missed this crucial action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly really easy to comprehend. Software applications are currently available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with concerns to its results on your iPod device. Unless handled by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.