How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks because they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation abilities have actually supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed before starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not function effectively if you missed this essential step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is certainly really easy to understand. Softwares are already offered that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really dangerous with concerns to its effects on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.