How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel where you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software or hardware. Different firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks because they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic devices in your house. It can manage your tv, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial aspect in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you want to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR device would not function appropriately if you missed this important action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely simple to understand. Softwares are already offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very risky with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless managed by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.