How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation capabilities have provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your TV, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not operate effectively if you missed this important step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously really easy to understand. Software applications are already offered that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely dangerous with regard to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.