How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can store up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user regarding personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software or hardware. Different firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are offered on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks since they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation abilities have actually offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your tv, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial aspect in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not function correctly if you missed this important action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly really easy to understand. Softwares are currently available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really risky with regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.