How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user regarding personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation abilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic devices in your house. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are needed before beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR device would not function properly if you missed this important step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly very simple to understand. Software applications are already available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really risky with concerns to its effects on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is not ideal.